Video Marketing Statistics: 12 Persuasive Facts
3 Min Read |
When it comes to lead generation and trying to establish authority and influence within your niche, video marketing has emerged as a standout channel. When creating your company’s video strategy, it’s essential to include video content as a key component. Including video content brings many benefits, from SEO to simplifying your communication across social channels.
Here’s 12 stats that prove the power of video content:
- Before reading any text, 60% of site visitors will watch a video if available. (Diode Digital)
- One minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. (Forrester Research)
- 56% of consumers believe if a company has a website, it should have video content. (Animoto)
- The Average user spends 16 minutes and 49 seconds a month watching online video ads. (ComScore)
- 80% of consumers say a video showing how a product or service works is important when learning about the company. (Animoto)
- Youtube has become the 2nd largest search engine – bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and AOL combined. (Etail Insights)
- Video search results have a 41% higher click-through than plain text results. (Animoto)
- 50% of marketers consider customer testimonials, explainer tutorial videos, and demonstration videos the most effective types of video content used. (Asend2)
- 4 out of 5 consumers day demo videos are helpful. (Animoto)
- Your website is 50 times more likely to appear on the first page of a search engines results page if it includes video. (Forrester Research)
- Online video accounts for 50% of mobile traffic and is predicted to become 75% by 2016. (Cisco)
- People stay 2 minutes longer on your site if you have video content. (ComScore)
How do you apply this to your marketing strategy?
- By adding video content to the main pages of your website you can influence your search results.
- You can encourage your customers to provide video testimonials, creating an element of social proof for your brand.
- Creating case studies or tutorials can increase your conversion rates.
- Creating video content for social media can drive engagement across your platforms and lead to an increase in traffic to your website.
- By creating helpful, non-promotional video content you can move your potential customers further down the funnel and reduce the time of your sales-cycle.
- Video content often wins out over static content.
Your business should be shifting time and money away from text-based content to video content. As customers frequently search for videos to educate and entertain themselves, you need to be prepared with valuable, engaging and easy to consume information delivered in an appropriate format. The more content you can share in a video format, the more likely your customers are to engage and the better a chance you have of reaching your audience, and building authority within your industry.